maven-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Maven and JPA/EclipseLink Configuration...
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:56:58 GMT
You could have a look at my Wiki article about multiple persistence.xml files: https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Multiple+persistence.xml+in+a+multi-module+application

Here you could separate your JPA entities from the platform dependent Options. In your case
you could create your persistence.xml files without any db and application-server specific
Settings and then simply add an additional persistence.xml to your deployment ... the merging
persistence unit Manager would then merge those properties in automatically without having
to update all of the individual persistence.xml files.

Don't quite know why my confluence is so slow at the Moment ... will have a look at this tonight.

Chris

Von: John Patrick [nhoj.patrick@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Juli 2013 18:50
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Maven and JPA/EclipseLink Configuration...

I'm working on a project that uses JPA EclipseLink, everything started of
fine with Jetty for developers development and WebLogic and Oracle proper
ear deployments.

EclipseLink has two values that need to be set in persistence.xml depending
upon your Application Server and Database;
eclipselink.target-server
eclipselink.target-database

This mean we have two profiles, Jetty and Release.

Now we support WebSphere and DB2, so have gone to 5 profiles and the need
to rebuild the ear 4 times which each profile.

Profiles
Jetty
WLSOracle
WLSDB2
WASOracle
WASDB2

I feel I'm doing something wrong...

Does someone have any suggestions on what to look at so i could potentially
build it once and get all the 4 ears build in one command? I've thought
about types or classifiers but unsure if that is just another hack...

Thoughts? As we soon might also need to support MySQL and Glassfish so
their is another 5 profiles and 5 more builds for a release.

John