maven-users mailing list archives

From John Dix <John....@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: New to Maven Question
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:58:02 GMT
Thanks Curtis. I'll take a look at the validate cmd.

-----Original Message-----
From: ctrueden.wisc@gmail.com [mailto:ctrueden.wisc@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Curtis Rueden
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:15 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: New to Maven Question

Hi John,

> output the build order of our products based on the poms

Is it enough to simply run "mvn validate" and parse the output? That will show you the build
order of your multi-module reactor.

If you have multiple projects in multiple reactors, you could create a toplevel pom.xml joining
them all into a single reactor, then run "mvn validate" to get the build order. That assumes
that all the POMs have matching versions across the projects though, of course.

Regards,
Curtis