maven-users mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject How to remove the '.jar' from an assembly?
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:44:41 GMT
Hello:

I'm trying to use the assembly plugin to generate a deployment archive.
I'd like to have the final jar name be 'something.ssar' even though it
is formatted as a jar file, much the same way an "ear" file is simply a
jar-formatted file with the extension ".ear".

I have the following configuration in the plugin config:

<configuration>
  <descriptor>src/assembly/module.xml</descriptor>
  <finalName>something.ssar</finalName>
  <appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
</configuration>

... but the asssembly plugin still appends ".jar" to the filename,
giving an output file called "something.ssar.jar".

What other config do I need to do?  Is there something about configuring
the maven or plexus archiver?

Thanks,

Greg.