maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject simple questions - where to put unpackaged config files?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 05:24:39 GMT
I've several projects that were created before we began using maven and
which we've added maven to subsequently. Obviously these projects were not
created with an archetype. Is there a "standard" folder that is commonly
used in archetypes for holding files such as application configuration files
or templates? The types of files I'm thinking of would not be put into
packaging (e.g. they wouldn't be placed into the jar, war etc. created by
maven) but would potentially be used in the install or deploy lifecycles. A
folder such as "src/main/config"?

If such an animal exists, what property would I used to reference it in a
plugin? e.g. the equivalent of "${project.build.sourceDirectory}". Is there
such a property?

If not, is there a property that references the "src" or "src/main" folder?
${project.build.sourceDirectory} references "src/main/java" - it would seem
to be a hack to use "../config" from there but it would work.

Thanks!

Richard Sand | CEO
IDF Connect, Inc.
2207 Concord Ave, #359
Wilmington | Delaware 19803 | USA
Office: +1 302 425 0516 | Fax: +1 856 866 1899
Mobile: +1 267 984 3651