maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject opinion on obfuscator plugin default execution phase?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 04:40:14 GMT
Hi all- I'm writing an obfuscator plugin that invokes the ProGuard open
source java obfuscator. There is that was written several years ago, but I
had problems adapting it to into our projects so decided to write a new one
for Maven 3.0. I've been thinking about whether the plugin should run at the
packaging phase or pre-packaging. I can see it both ways... If it runs at
the packaging phase, it'll start (by default) by processing the packaged
artifact created by the default packaging and either overwriting the
artifact or creating a new one with a classifier (e.g. "<artifact>-small").
If it runs at the pre-packaging phase, I'd have it start processing on the
output folder from the compile phase.

Any thoughts? I'll have it configurable in any case, so it's the default
behavior I'm trying to reason out. Which makes more sense from a lifecycle
perspective?

Richard Sand | CEO
IDF Connect, Inc.
2207 Concord Ave, #359
Wilmington | Delaware 19803 | USA
Office: +1 302 425 0516 | Fax: +1 856 866 1899
Mobile: +1 267 984 3651