maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Apache Maven War Plugin 2.4 Released
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:13:15 GMT
Thanks Olivier! I can confirm that 192 is fixed, I can now build WAR
artifacts with "resolve workspace dependencies" checked.

Best regards,

Richard Sand | CEO
IDF Connect, Inc.
2207 Concord Ave, #359
Wilmington | Delaware 19803 | USA
Office: +1 302 425 0516 | Fax: +1 856 866 1899
Mobile: +1 267 984 3651

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:27 AM
To: Maven Users List; announce@maven.apache.org
Cc: Maven Developers List
Subject: [ANN] Apache Maven War Plugin 2.4 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven
War Plugin, version 2.4

The WAR Plugin is responsible for collecting all artifact dependencies,
classes and resources of the web application and packaging them into a web
application archive.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <version>2.4</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Apache Maven 2.x WAR Plugin - Version 2.4

** Bug
    * [MWAR-128] - war goal does not copy empty directories from webapp
directory
    * [MWAR-192] - Conflict with workspace resoutlion in m2eclipse
    * [MWAR-258] - Filtering of webResources stops on @ character
    * [MWAR-267] - Maven WAR plugin does not copy dependencies of type
"bundle" into WEB-INF/lib
    * [MWAR-280] - Big performance hit in overlay
    * [MWAR-295] - weird icon on mac due awt toolkit setup
    * [MWAR-296] - maven-war-plugin can cause multiple dependent lib files
with same snapshot version.

** Improvement
    * [MWAR-269] - war fails to build while using m2e in workspace
resolution mode
    * [MWAR-297] - Change default value for recompressZippedFiles to true

** New Feature
    * [MWAR-298] - Make it possible to set warName form command line.

Have fun,
--
The Apache Maven team