maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject RE: API to resolve an artifact in Maven3
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 21:55:06 GMT
Ok good points, thanks Ron. I'll try what you suggested, and see if I can
get some assistance on the developers list. I'm happy to volunteer to update
some documentation around what I've learned writing this plugin.

Best regards,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:rwheeler@artifact-software.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 5:06 PM
To: Richard Sand
Cc: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: Re: API to resolve an artifact in Maven3

My point is that most of the people here are users and not interested in
plug-in development or knowledgeable about plug-in development.
Custom plug-ins are not required for development of standalone or web
applications in Java most of the time.

Most appear to be developed to support specific specific non-java
activities. I use one developed as a front-end for DITA document production
to simplify the use of the DITA-OT. I use another to simplify the packaging
of applications into an installer using IzPack.

These are pretty simple Maven plug-ins and likely do not include very much
coordination with or use of Maven internal methods.

I am not sure if there is a better forum for you to get the kind of help
that you need.
The kind of information that you seem to need is probably known by the
people who frequent the dev list but they are going to be pretty focused on
Maven development and may not welcome third-party development questions.

You might get some help by offering to add documentation to the code in the
dev list in return for specific questions. Certainly you are doing a level
of research into the examples,  docs and code that could lead to useful
updates to the docs or examples.

Ron