maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject RE: API to resolve an artifact in Maven3
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:54:16 GMT
Hey Russell - DependencyGraphBuilder seems to be for resolving the
dependencies that the project already has, i.e. in the
<project><dependencies> element. What I'm trying to do now is configure
additional dependencies used by my plugin at runtime outside of the project
dependencies.

I've used a lot of open source projects but I cannot remember one as opaque
as Maven. I'm looking through maven-dependency-plugin now to see if I can
glean any insights. It seems that plugin used the same technique you did in
its DefaultArtifactsResolver utility class. I'm going to check out the
project from svn to see how its initializing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Gold [mailto:russ@gold-family.us]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 7:22 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: API to resolve an artifact in Maven3

Hi Richard,

Believe me, I share your frustration. Like many open-source projects, Maven
is woefully under-documented. I've spent a significant amount of time over
the past months researching how to do things for the course I've been
writing, and also for the plugins I'm writing.

Mostly, I've been reading source code - especially the maven-supplied
plugins. The problem, of course, is figuring out what the "official" and
supported way of doing things is.

To resolve artifacts, I wound up using MavenProject, ArtifactResolver,
ArtifactFactory, and both the local and remote repositories. I didn't even
see DefaultDependencyGraphBuilder. If that's easier, I may consider revising
my approach.

Thanks,
Russ

<http://www.gold-family.us/audio/misfile.html>!