maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject RE: API to resolve an artifact in Maven3
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 05:46:56 GMT
Ok great, than you Bapiste. Without reading this source, I'd never even have found the shared
dependency plug-in. These docs have been really frustrating. I'm not going to sit and complain,
I'm volunteering to work on them and help make some high leven guides to steer people like
me in the right direction with the proper recipes, examples etc. That is, once I have my brain
wrapped around it myself!

So the animals I want are:

- DefaultDependencyGraphBuilder, which I can annotate as a component to instantiate, and should
handle M2,M3,M3.1
- ArtifactRepository localRepository, which I can load as a @Parameter with defaultValue =
"${localRepository}".

If I have a configuration parameter for my plugin which is a list of dependencies unrelated
to the project dependencies, e.g.

<configuration>
	<dependencies>
		<dependentartifact>
			<name>
			<grouppid>
			<artifactid>
 		</dependentartifact>

Will I end up with a Set<Artifacts> dependencies? And then use the two classes above
to resolve the artifacts?