maven-users mailing list archives

From John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven and JPA/EclipseLink Configuration...
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:33:19 GMT
On 10 Jul 2013, at 06:05, Baptiste MATHUS <bmathus@batmat.net> wrote:

> If those properties are specific to eclipselink, then I think it's ok and
> simpler to just leave them in the persistence.xml even if they're actually
> not used when EclipseLink isn't the provider. Then package only one ear.
>
> Cheers
>

> 2013/7/9 John Patrick <nhoj.patrick@gmail.com>
>
>> I'm working on a project that uses JPA EclipseLink, everything started of
>> fine with Jetty for developers development and WebLogic and Oracle proper
>> ear deployments.
>>
>> EclipseLink has two values that need to be set in persistence.xml depending
>> upon your Application Server and Database;
>> eclipselink.target-server
>> eclipselink.target-database
>>
>> This mean we have two profiles, Jetty and Release.
>>
>> Now we support WebSphere and DB2, so have gone to 5 profiles and the need
>> to rebuild the ear 4 times which each profile.
>>
>> Profiles
>> Jetty
>> WLSOracle
>> WLSDB2
>> WASOracle
>> WASDB2
>>
>> I feel I'm doing something wrong...
>>
>> Does someone have any suggestions on what to look at so i could potentially
>> build it once and get all the 4 ears build in one command? I've thought
>> about types or classifiers but unsure if that is just another hack...
>>
>> Thoughts? As we soon might also need to support MySQL and Glassfish so
>> their is another 5 profiles and 5 more builds for a release.
>>
>> John
>

> --
> Sauvez un arbre,
> Mangez un castor !

Mathus I think you miss understood my point. I need to build 4
different ears currently as eclipselink auto detections fails about
once a week and we can reproduce on demand.

each ear has a different combination of values.

ear 1 = WebLogic / Oracle
ear 2 = WebLogic / DB2
ear 3 = WebSphere / Oracle
ear 4 = WebSphere / DB2

I can't build one ear, say ear 1 as the value for the database setting
would be wrong when DB2 is the backend. Also the value for the
application server would be wrong when deployed to WebSphere.

If eclipselink auto detect worked 100% I could create one ear but a
few issues in production which we can't reproduce in test on demand
mean we need to explicitly define application server and database
server.

>From the off list replies it looks like others are having similar
issues and doing similar things.

cheers,