maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: With mvn release:prepare, is it possible to instruct Maven to use a forward slash in the submodule pom locations for the commit command?
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:21:18 GMT
Hi Don,

Don Branson wrote:

> I'm trying to resolve an issue which I've posted at
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17367079/with-mvn-releaseprepare-is-it-possible-to-instruct-maven-to-use-a-forward-slas.
> Is this a known issue with Maven+git+Cygwin? Is there a solution?

Years ago I was in this situation with Maven+svn+Cygwin. I simply
deinstalled the Cygwin svn and used a Windows version of the command line.
You just have to ensure that you checkout your sources in a directory that
is mounted with Cygwin's text flag i.e. my sources had all CR/LF EOL's and
all the Cygwin tools expected that because of the text mount.

Maybe you can use a similar setup with git ...

The main problem was (and is IIRC) that you don't have a Cygwin version of a
JDK and therefore all Java applications were using Windows paths. However,
10 years ago, you had no option, but today you might be able to build
icedtea. Maybe it is in the meanwhile available for Cygwin?

- Jörg