maven-users mailing list archives

From Jan Engler <>
Subject JavaDoc plugin and firewall
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:52:24 GMT

currently, I am facing a problem with the javadoc plugin: It seems that
the plugin tries to download connected dependencies (that are used in our
type hierarchy) from repo1 (central) although we have a defined mirror for
that in the settings. Can I specify mirrors for plugins somewhere in the
settings.xml or in the configuration of the plugin?

Here is my "stacktrace" (the output from the plugin):

The javasoft:synthetica:jar lies in our own repository....but apperantly,
the plugin only searches in repo1.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building My-Custom-App
[INFO] >>> maven-javadoc-plugin:2.9:javadoc (default-cli)
[INFO] <<< maven-javadoc-plugin:2.9:javadoc (default-cli) @ My-Custom-App

[INFO] Total time: 1:45.795s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 25 08:26:59 CEST 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/15M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project sick-lnf: Could not resolve
dependencies for project de.sick.sopas:my-custom-app:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failed to collect dependencies for [de.javasoft:synthetica:jar:1.0
(compile), junit:junit:jar:4.11 (test), org.easymock:easymock:jar:3.1
(test), org.easymock:easymockclassextension:jar:3.1 (test),
org.springframework:spring-test:jar:3.2.2.RELEASE (test)]: Failed to read
artifact descriptor for de.javasoft:synthetica:jar:1.0: Could not transfer
artifact de.javasoft:synthetica:pom:1.0 from/to central ( Error transferring file: Connection timed
out: connect -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]

I have a mirrorOf entry in our settings.xml:
                        <name>Local proxy of central repo</name>

Any hints?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Jan Engler
SICK AG - Sitz: Waldkirch i. Br. - Handelsregister: Freiburg i. Br. HRB
Vorstand: Dr. Robert Bauer (Vorsitzender)  -  Reinhard Bösl  -  Dr. Mats
Gökstorp  -  Dr. Martin Krämer  -  Markus Vatter
Aufsichtsrat: Gisela Sick (Ehrenvorsitzende) - Klaus M. Bukenberger