maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <>
Subject Putting buildNumber into Manifest...
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:17:58 GMT
We have a continuous deployment system that constantly triggered by SCM
changes and builds/pushes our WAR files to our various environments.

I use the maven-war-plugin to insert specifics of the artifact into the
MANIFEST.MF.  However, the version for SNAPSHOTs is always in the form
1.1.1-SNAPSHOT, but would like to have it include the build number that
matches what is in our internal Maven Repository (e.g.,

This might be a chicken and egg scenario, but is there a way to somehow use
the buildNumber in the MANIFEST instead of the SNAPSHOT qualifier so we can
easily see when troubleshooting which version is really deployed?

Jeff Vincent
See my LinkedIn profile at:
I ♥ DropBox <> !!