maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Putting buildNumber into Manifest...
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:17:58 GMT
We have a continuous deployment system that constantly triggered by SCM
changes and builds/pushes our WAR files to our various environments.

I use the maven-war-plugin to insert specifics of the artifact into the
MANIFEST.MF.  However, the version for SNAPSHOTs is always in the form
1.1.1-SNAPSHOT, but would like to have it include the build number that
matches what is in our internal Maven Repository (e.g.,
1.1.1-2013050323423-27).

This might be a chicken and egg scenario, but is there a way to somehow use
the buildNumber in the MANIFEST instead of the SNAPSHOT qualifier so we can
easily see when troubleshooting which version is really deployed?

Thanks!

--
Jeff Vincent
See my LinkedIn profile at: