maven-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Downloading a file for shipping in an artifact
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:31:25 GMT
Nexus is used to host the .exe file. As the exe originates from a separate
Maven project, and it needs to live somewhere, I folded the exe generation
into an ant task as part of that maven project. Now I have versioned
hosting of the exe.

But our customers are trapped behind a strict firewall. We will by
arrangement be shipping our .war file to them for hosting. The .exe is
required for internal distribution by our customers and the software it
installs provides custom access to the services offered by that web
application. It therefore makes sense to ship the exe within the war.

Now back to Nexus. When I search for the artifact that is the .exe and copy
the download link, it is of a redirection URL. The wagon plugin, for some
reason, wants a directory to look in more similar to an FTP service I guess.

So I'm rather stuck and seeking suggestions. Nexus doesn't appear to be
compatible with the wagon method, while the download plugin appears to
mutate the URL on Linux yet works on Windows. I find both circumstances
rather hard to believe yet my battle today leaves me empty handed and
frustrated.

James