maven-users mailing list archives

From virg g <>
Subject Multiple JDK versions
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:59:33 GMT
Hi, I need build my project with multiple jdk versions 1.5 and 1.6. I am
using maven compiler plugin to set the compiler based on JAVA_HOME set. Is
it mandatory to set target either 1.5 or 1.6 based on the jdk version i
want to build. Why because if i set compiler to jdk 1.6, in the debug log
it shows that target is 1.5 but it should be 1.6 right? target should set
automatically based on JAVA_HOME right unless i specically mention the
target if i want to change? Any pointers for my problem?

[DEBUG]   (f) executable = D:/jdk1.6.0_14/bin/javac
[DEBUG]   (f) source = 1.5
[DEBUG]   (f) staleMillis = 0
[DEBUG]   (f) target = 1.5