maven-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Krumwiede <kjk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Include maven dependencies inside jar file
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 03:49:04 GMT
As Anders Hammar said, there is some classpath magic to the way
Eclipse creates executable jars containing other jars.  I wanted
something like that, but instead I ended up creating an assembly that
creates a zip file.  The zip file contains my main executable jar,
along with all the dependencies in a lib/ directory.  Because I wanted
the zip file to contain an artifact from a project that depends on my
main jar, I had to separate the assembly pom from my main pom.  Now I
build my main project, build the artifact that depends on it, and then
build the assembly.

My files are here: http://sourceforge.net/p/weapon-m/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/