maven-users mailing list archives

From Henri Tremblay <henri.tremb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release dependencies keep getting downloaded
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 11:46:02 GMT
I digged a bit and, helped by your thought, seem to have found the cause.

We use Nexus to be a mirror of many repositories. All these public
repositories are in a group which is defined to be the mirror in our
settings.xml.

On of these public repositories is JBoss (
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jvnet/staxex/stax-ex/).
And if you have a look at the url, for version 1.2 there is only a md5 and
a sha1. No actual maven-metadata.xml file. My guess is that it's what keeps
the download to happen.

I tried to put maven central first in the group hoping it will solve the
issue. It didn't.

Someone have a workaround apart from removing JBoss from there? (or using a
higher version of stax-ex which I will need to test)

Thanks,
Henri