maven-users mailing list archives

From Henri Tremblay <henri.tremb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release dependencies keep getting downloaded
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:42:17 GMT
That is extremely interesting.

I'm not sure to understand why it makes a difference.

Currently I have:

   - maven-public-mirror: A nexus group containing:
      - Maven Central: A proxy for Maven Central
      - JBoss public: A proxy for JBoss public
      - ...

I can order my proxies in my group. Which seems to be the same as
referencing them directly.

No? (not that I don't want to change it. I'm just trying to understand)

On 5 June 2013 14:34, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>wrote:

> What Anders is saying is that Nexus should not be proxying proxies, but
> rather proxying the original source.
>
> i.e. you have something like
>
> http://your-nexus/content/groups/public
>
> which is an aggregate view of
>
> http://my-nexus/content/groups/public
> http://his-nexus/content/groups/public
>
> What you really should be doing is have it as an aggregate view of
>
> http://my-nexus/content/repositories/foo
> http://my-nexus/content/repositories/bar
> http://his-nexus/content/repositories/manchu
> http://his-nexus/content/repositories/barfoo
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
>
> That would allow you to set the priorities for each appropriately and
> ensure that you have e.g. central hosted artifacts resolved from central.
>
> By aggregating the aggregates you have duplicate artifacts and conflicts
> and start to rely on the priority rules, plus you cannot move and
> reprioritise content as easily.
>

> On 5 June 2013 13:26, Henri Tremblay <henri.tremblay@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why? Maven allows a mirror to be a mirror of many repositories. So why
> > should I avoid it?
> >
> > Knowing that, unless I'm mistaken, doing this grouping prevent maven to
> > look into many repositories for each download.
> >

> > On 5 June 2013 14:15, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:
> >
> > > You shouldn't be proxying a Nexus group, but rather the specific
> repo(s)
> > > that you need.
> > >
> > > /Anders
> > >

> > > On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Henri Tremblay <
> henri.tremblay@gmail.com

> > cause.

> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jvnet/staxex/stax-ex/
> md5