maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Novice to Maven, looking for one clarification
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:41:04 GMT
Hi Anand,

> if it is possible to mavenize (by creating pom file) for any
> scripting languages such perl

Sure, you can do it:
https://code.google.com/p/maven-perl-plugin/

But it may not be the best choice for that language. Each community
generally has its own alternatives (e.g., in the case of perl: Dist::Zilla,
Module::Build) which are better tested by that community.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11296614/using-maven-for-perl-projects

Don't get me wrong -- I love Maven. But one of Maven's principles is to
adhere to community best practices because then we are all working together
toward improved tools. So according to that philosophy, it makes sense to
seek out build systems embraced by proponents of each individual language.

I found this in 1 minute of googling, so if you are wondering about any
other specific languages, I suggest you do the same.

Regards,
Curtis