maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Putting buildNumber into Manifest...
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:43:19 GMT
Hi Jeff,

> is there a way to somehow use the buildNumber in the MANIFEST instead
> of the SNAPSHOT qualifier so we can easily see when troubleshooting
> which version is really deployed?

You can do something very close to what you want using the
buildnumber-maven-plugin. As Roy says, it will embed the SCM revision
rather than the SNAPSHOT timestamp, but then you can trace it back to the
code.

Here is how we do it in my projects:

https://github.com/scijava/scijava-common/blob/78ac31345e55e509ca44b5a416b83c79bec12bb6/pom-scijava/pom.xml#L161
https://github.com/scijava/scijava-common/blob/78ac31345e55e509ca44b5a416b83c79bec12bb6/pom-scijava/pom.xml#L213