maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Having trouble using Maven release plugin to deploy artifact to a dav repo
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:55:19 GMT
Hi laredotornado,

> still ran into the same error

Sorry, not enough coffee this morning.

The developerConnection of SCM is used for committing/pushing source
changes. And of course distributionManagement is what is used for deploy of
Maven artifacts to your remote Maven repository.

So I am not sure what is wrong with your config, then. You don't have a
<snapshotRepository> but you are not trying to deploy a snapshot, right?
(Since you are using maven-release-plugin, I assume you are attempting to
deploy a release.)

In case it helps, here is the <distributionManagement> section of my
projects' parent POM, which works for us:

<distributionManagement>
 <repository>
<id>imagej.releases</id>
<name>ImageJ Releases Repository</name>
 <url>dav:http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/releases</url>
</repository>
 <snapshotRepository>
<id>imagej.snapshots</id>
<name>ImageJ Snapshots Repository</name>
 <url>dav:http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
</snapshotRepository>
 </distributionManagement>

We use Apache2 with WebDAV, with a Nexus on port 8081 and proxied through
port 80.

Have you verified that your DAV is working properly by connecting with a
known-working WebDAV client (e.g., http://www.davexplorer.org/)?

HTH,
Curtis