maven-users mailing list archives

From Lee Meador <...@leemeador.com>
Subject Compile errors that make no sense
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 00:55:41 GMT
I run "mvn package" and get compile errors. I'm not to the stage of seeing
if it will run.

I'm looking for solutions, hints or rumors.

I have just today created the pom.xml for two non-trivial projects using
ant. I've been working through the dependencies to get them right all day.
One creates a jar that the other depends on. This code builds in ant
without errors. This code "builds" in eclipse without errors (or squiggly
red lines).

Now I'm down to one problem java file. Here is the output of running Maven
from the Windows 7 command line with -X:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
\java\f1400\src\fcs\code\src\com\company\interfaces\nds\NDSBoundary.java:[47,11]
cannot access com.bea.xml.XmlObject
class file for com.bea.xml.XmlObject not found
document.getNotification().addNewMsg();
[ERROR]
\java\f1400\src\fcs\code\src\com\company\interfaces\nds\NDSBoundary.java:[65,55]
cannot access com.bea.xml.XmlString
class file for com.bea.xml.XmlString not found
not.setLevel(NotificationDocument.Notification.Level.Enum.forString(System.getProperty(NOTIFICATION_LEVEL)));
[ERROR]
\java\f1400\src\fcs\code\src\com\company\interfaces\nds\NDSBoundary.java:[66,80]
cannot access com.bea.xml.StringEnumAbstractBase
class file for com.bea.xml.StringEnumAbstractBase not found
getAppLogger().debug("Level is
"+NotificationDocument.Notification.Level.Enum.forString(System.getProperty(NOTIFICATION_LEVEL)));
[INFO] 3 errors

Notice that it complains about com.bea.xml.X on three lines. But the
snippet of source code on the next lines does not show a reference to the X
class. Its not an Exception either.

In fact, a text search on all the source code finds no references to
com.bea.xml . I tried it twice typing and copy/pasting to check.

The eclipse projects have weblogic.jar among other weblogic stuff on the
classpath.
The Maven pom that's failing has no references to weblogic. All the JavaEE
stuff comes from open source versions of those dependencies. (Remember I'm
running from the command line.)
The other Maven pom, for the project that compiles, has this dependency:

<groupId>com.bea.wlplatform</groupId>
<artifactId>commonj-twm</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
<scope>provided</scope>

I know nothing about it but found it in Mvnrepository and it supplies some
classes that let the project compile.

There are a lot of dependent jars that are local to this company and they
may refer to weblogic. I don't have source for most of them.

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee AT leemeador.com