maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation Maven - Variable in the Systems Variables
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:27:30 GMT
MAVEN_HOME is for Maven.

If M2_HOME is set, then that will be used by Maven 2+ and MAVEN_HOME will
be ignored.

When Maven 3 was being initially released we were going to drop M2_HOME
completely, but decided to keep support for it.

Going forward, I would just pick MAVEN_HOME and ensure M2_HOME is unset as
we do not have M3_HOME nor will we have M4_HOME so we will be reclaiming
MAVEN_HOME as the recommendation