maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release dependencies keep getting downloaded
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:34:36 GMT
What Anders is saying is that Nexus should not be proxying proxies, but
rather proxying the original source.

i.e. you have something like

http://your-nexus/content/groups/public

which is an aggregate view of

http://my-nexus/content/groups/public
http://his-nexus/content/groups/public

What you really should be doing is have it as an aggregate view of

http://my-nexus/content/repositories/foo
http://my-nexus/content/repositories/bar
http://his-nexus/content/repositories/manchu
http://his-nexus/content/repositories/barfoo
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

That would allow you to set the priorities for each appropriately and
ensure that you have e.g. central hosted artifacts resolved from central.

By aggregating the aggregates you have duplicate artifacts and conflicts
and start to rely on the priority rules, plus you cannot move and
reprioritise content as easily.