maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release dependencies keep getting downloaded
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:12:22 GMT
dependency:tree when used on Maven 3.x can give slightly confusing results
as the "closest" reference with the same version as the "winning" reference
to the dependency is the reference that is shown. So you could have the
dependency somewhere else in your dependency tree (i.e. somewhere with a
higher priority than jaxws-rt) but because there is a closer dependency
with the same resolved version, dependency:tree shows it as originating
from the "closer" source.... confusing I know!