maven-users mailing list archives

From igor.zaplet...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Maven zip artifact
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:11:38 GMT
Yes, IzPack is actually that I need. Thanks Ron.

On Jun 25, 2013, at 10:52 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> On 25/06/2013 2:30 PM, Igor Zapletnev wrote:
>> Thanks for quick response! I want to include zip file in the resources dir for example.
I want to have an access to this zip file in my mojo.
>> Call copy-dependency pragmatically is not clear for me because I don't want resolve
this dependencies during runtime each time. I want to copy this dependency during installing.
I have checked assembly home page and looks like this plugin is not acceptable in this case.

> What are you actually making?
>
> Unless I don't understand your final project, the assembly should allow you to build
a jar with your code jar and the zip in the final jar.
> The IzPack installer also has a Maven plug-in that automates the creation of an installer
that can be run to put your app on a destination  computer (linux, windows, etc.) with all
of the files in the "right" places.