maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russell.g...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: create manifest with jars in multiple directories?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 22:05:11 GMT
If use the maven-shade-plugin, is the generated jar directly usable in other builds using the
dependency mechanism? I had assumed otherwise.

Specifying the complete class path is a reasonable option for me, but is there a way to do
that without specifying the entire manifest?

Thanks,
Russ

On Jun 4, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Robert Scholte <rfscholte@apache.org> wrote:

> How do you decide which artifacts go into which folder?
> If this is done by hand, then there's your answer: specify the complete classpath yourself.
> Otherwise I'd suggest to write a custom ManifestResourceTransformer for the maven-shade-plugin.
>
> Robert
>

> Op Tue, 04 Jun 2013 20:11:21 +0200 schreef Russell Gold <russ@gold-family.us>:
>
>> If I enable manifest class path creation, the jar or assembly or shade plugin will
create a manifest class path that lists all of my dependencies in the same directory. But
what if I need them in different directories? Our current requirements place certain jars
in specific directories so that layered products can find them - something I doubt that I
could get changed. How could I have Maven take that into consideration?