maven-users mailing list archives

From Alan Buck <Alan.B...@pharmacyonesource.com>
Subject RE: Error adding file-set for 'org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2' to archive
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:37:07 GMT
Again I'm showing my noobie status.

I needed to create a client web service for the database connectivity module. This is where
I added the dependency on axis2. Without the .mar file the response coding for the client
request call fails.

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
            <artifactId>axis2-adb</artifactId>
            <version>${apache.axis2.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
            <artifactId>axis2-transport-http</artifactId>
            <version>${apache.axis2.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
            <artifactId>axis2-transport-local</artifactId>
            <version>${apache.axis2.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
            <artifactId>addressing</artifactId>
            <version>${apache.axis2.version}</version>
            <type>mar</type>
        </dependency>

In building the monitor module I have no need for the axis2 dependencies but I do need the
database connectivity module. Maven seems to be a very good tool but the complexity is a little
overwhelming for someone who is into just his fourth day of trying to absorb the details.
So the error while compiling the monitor module is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2:
single (assembly) on project monitor:
Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for 'org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2'
to archive:
Error adding archived file-set. PlexusIoResourceCollection not found for:
C:\Users\alan.buck\.m2\repository\org\apache\axis2\addressing\1.6.2\addressing-1.6.2.mar:
No such archiver: 'mar'. -> [Help 1] [ERROR]

So I'm trying to tell Maven not to add this file-set during the monitor module compilation.

My understanding may be faulty but I thought that the assembly.xml file is a kind of 'parent
configuration' to the m-assembly-p plugin because of the <id>jar-with-dependencies</id>
tag in it.

Trying to exclude the .mar file inside the m-assembly-p of the pom.xml didn't seem to work.
So I'm trying to exclude it inside of the assembly.xml but that isn't working either. At this
point I'm either looking in the wrong areas or using the wrong string (org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2)
to exclude it.

Thanks for your input it did make me aware of the assembly.xml file and that has added to
my understanding of Maven.