maven-users mailing list archives

From Alan Buck <Alan.B...@pharmacyonesource.com>
Subject RE: Error adding file-set for 'org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2' to archive
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:26:41 GMT
The .mar file is necessary and does not seem to be available as a .jar.

My first excursion into Maven (2 days ago) was to add the Axis2 dependency to the database
connectivity project. It took me most of the 2 days to figure out how to use Axis2 and Maven
but I got through it. A .mar file is a module archive file (I think this is the correct definition).

I ran across some Google discussions about the limitations of Axis2 choosing .mar extension
but skimmed past them.

I also ran across a vague reference to the .mar problem being a file that shouldn't be unpacked.
I think that is what the m-assembly-p is trying to do.

This is our agile IPM day so I'm going to have to go silent for the rest of the day. I'll
follow your link tomorrow and hopefully it will help.

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:13 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Error adding file-set for 'org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2' to archive

> I've tried to exclude the .mar file in this plugin but I kept getting
> the error or a syntax error.

I know little about Axis2 and nothing about mar files. Are you certain this mar file is required
for what you're doing and not also available as a jar? It seems the assembly plugin does not
know what to do with a mar file.

Here's a JIRA entry related to the War plugin about a similar problem a while back:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-193

> I'm not sure what the assembly descriptor file is. I'm could post the
> whole project file for monitor but I'm hesitant to paste 568 lines.

This is not necessary as you are simply using "jar-with-dependencies"
which is built-in to the assembly plugin.

Wayne