maven-users mailing list archives

From Alan Buck <Alan.B...@pharmacyonesource.com>
Subject Error adding file-set for 'org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2' to archive
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:26:18 GMT
I am a .NET developer who finds himself working in the java world using Maven and I'm running
into an issue that I haven't found an answer for. I've used Google to look for this and looked
back about 3 years in the mailing list archives.

I've tried different ways to solve this but I think my noobie status with Maven is becoming
a real road block.

I've got an java application that uses Maven to build. The application has a number of modules
that are built. One module is concerned with database connectivity and used by some of the
other modules.

I had a requirement to add web service call to another database to receive back a Boolean.
I used Apache Axis2 for doing this. I had to add the addressing .mar file in order to make
this work. It included this dependency in the pom.xml file for the database connectivity module:

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
            <artifactId>addressing</artifactId>
            <version>${apache.axis2.version}</version>
            <type>mar</type>
</dependency>

Later in the build process I'm creating a different module that leverages the database connectivity
module. This module does not have any dependency reference to Axis2 in the pom.xml file but
I'm getting this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2:
single (assembly) on project monitor:
Failed to create assembly: Error adding file-set for 'org.apache.axis2:addressing:mar:1.6.2'
to archive:
Error adding archived file-set. PlexusIoResourceCollection not found for:
C:\Users\alan.buck\.m2\repository\org\apache\axis2\addressing\1.6.2\addressing-1.6.2.mar:
No such archiver: 'mar'. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

>From my Google'ing it seems to be an issue around trying to unpack this .mar file. However,
I could be really incorrect here with my analysis.

Why would the later module try to use/unpack the addressing .mar file and throw this error?

Any help would be appreciated.