maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <>
Subject Re: Installation Maven - Variable in the Systems Variables
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:09:03 GMT
On 27/06/2013 12:45 PM, Nayana ABREU wrote:
> In relation to the installation of Maven on Windows, when I add the
> Variable in the Systems Variables.... I saw some examples in which users
> type M2_HOME for the variable name, is it a problem if I typed
> *MAVEN_HOME*for variable name? In summary, I want to know if the name
> for variable name
> is an arbitrary thing or if it has an exactly defined name.
> Thanks,
Just use M2_HOME.
It is what everyone uses and it will save a lot of questions when you
want some help.

It is a variable name. I would not put an "*" in a system variable name
since some program or parser might not handle it correctly.

Why go looking for trouble?

Ron Wheeler
Artifact Software Inc
skype: ronaldmwheeler