maven-users mailing list archives

From Ben Caradoc-Davies <>
Subject Re: Novice to Maven, looking for one clarification
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:57:52 GMT
Tools such as Jenkins CI (and its predecessor Hudson) have native
support for Maven projects. This allows these tools to make build
reports and manage artifacts on a per-module basis. However, this is
most powerful when each module produces jar files, and this only occurs
for JVM-based platforms. While perl or python projects can be mavenised,
the Jenkins integration benefits will be smaller because they do not
follow the packaging convention. Jenkins will work just as well with
non-mavenised perl/python/... projects.

Storage in SVN is a completely separate issue from the build process.
Most projects are moving to git.

Kind regards,

On 27/06/13 10:33, Anand Sudabattula wrote:
> Also I read that once the projects are
> mavenized its easy to integrate them with Continuous Integration
> technologies.

Ben Caradoc-Davies <>
Software Engineer
Australian Resources Research Centre