maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Maven zip artifact
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 18:52:30 GMT
On 25/06/2013 2:30 PM, Igor Zapletnev wrote:
> Thanks for quick response! I want to include zip file in the resources
> dir for example. I want to have an access to this zip file in my mojo.
> Call copy-dependency pragmatically is not clear for me because I don't
> want resolve this dependencies during runtime each time. I want to
> copy this dependency during installing. I have checked assembly home
> page and looks like this plugin is not acceptable in this case.

What are you actually making?

Unless I don't understand your final project, the assembly should allow
you to build a jar with your code jar and the zip in the final jar.
The IzPack installer also has a Maven plug-in that automates the
creation of an installer that can be run to put your app on a
destination  computer (linux, windows, etc.) with all of the files in
the "right" places.

Ron