maven-users mailing list archives

From Wolf Geldmacher <wolf.geldmac...@abacus.ch>
Subject Re: maven-exec-plugin
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:58:11 GMT
On 06.06.2013 11:48, virg g wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem in using maven-exec-plugin. I have requirement that i
> need to use SVN MOVE command to rename labels. Since SCM does not support
> "MOVE svn tags/labels" i am using maven-exec-plugin to rename svn tags with
> required arguments including svn username and password. The problem i am
> facing is, this exec plugin is able to rename the labels, but in the build
> log, it shows the entire exec plugin command in plain text what i have set,
> since i am passing even password also, it also displays password in plain
> text. Is there any way i can mask some parameters which i want to aovid
> being displayed in plain text.
Not that I know of.

Wrap the call in a procedure (shell/cmd batch) on your platform of
choice and call that instead. That way the username/passwd can be hidden
inside the
procedure. Distribute this wrapper as part of a toolset package to the
machines you run the build on or as part of the project.

Use of the maven-exec plugin is usually non-portable between platforms
anyway, so you're not losing too much more.
>   Or is there any bettern plugin i can use to
> meet my requirement? Any pointers for this?
None that I know of.
> THanks
> Virg
Cheers,