maven-users mailing list archives

From Evan Ward <evan.w...@nrl.navy.mil>
Subject Re: Javadoc: single configuration
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:48:55 GMT
Hi Stanimir,

Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> states it should behave as you expect.  May be it is a bug in the
> javadoc plugin, but I can't say for sure.  Do you use the latest (2.9)
> plugin version?  Does it happen with Maven 2 or 3, or both?

I'm using maven 3.0.4, java 1.6.0_27 (openjdk), and maven-javadoc-plugin
2.9. Would you like me to file a bug? I couldn't figure out how to
create an account on the bug tracker...

>> Ultimately I'm trying to define the javadoc configuration once and
>> have it
>> apply to all invocations of the javadoc plugin.
>
> You may try defining the common configuration in a
> build/pluginManagement section, but again I don't know if it's
> supposed to work that way (for the reporting configuration)

I tried just defining the configuration in the build/pluginManagement
sections, but then `mvn site` didn't use it. The workaround I've
developed is to define the configuration in the build section and then
add an execution for the site phase:

          <execution>
            <id>site-javadoc</id>
            <phase>site</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>javadoc</goal>
              <goal>test-javadoc</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>

I just tried the workaround this moring and it seems to be working well.

Regards,
Evan