maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy <andy.gumbre...@orprovision.com>
Subject DLL Artifact
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:26:45 GMT
Hi All,

I have searched to death the jni project solutions and would just like a simple solution to
a trivial issue, but having
difficulty pulling it off.

I have the classic jar and dll (I am really not interested the native plugin or packaging
the dll in a jar yet, etc. I
just don't have the time right now).

I know I can manually deploy the dll artifact to our repo and declare a dep etc, then use
the dependency module to get
it - This is what I've done so far as a quick fix.

What I'd like to do is more simple than that in the long run. I want to have the jar and dll
projects as modules in a
multi-module pom, that's done.

parent----jar/pom.xml
          |----dll/pom.xml
          |----dll/...my.dll

Now I'd just like the dll/pom.xml to say 'do not package a jar, then deploy the dll as the
artifact.

To disable the jar is easy enough...

<execution>
     <id>default-jar</id>
     <phase>none</phase>
</execution>

...but how to get the dll to automatically deploy on the deploy phase?

I know I've see it done somewhere, but just can't find what I need. Thanks in advance.

Andy.