maven-users mailing list archives

From Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Javadoc: single configuration
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 17:58:57 GMT
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 07:04:58 -0700 (PDT), /Evan/:

>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/usage.html#Javadoc_Configuration
>
> That section warns me that the behaviour is different, but not *how* it
> differs. In the example at the bottom of that page the javadoc:javadoc uses
> elements from the configuration defined in the build *and* reporting
> sections:
>
> |mvn javadoc:javadoc
> |    It will generate the Javadoc for private members (defined in <build/>)
> |    using the stylesheet (defined in <reporting/>), and with no help page
> |    (defined in <build/>).
>
> This is the documented behaviour that I can not reproduce. ( mvn
> javadoc:javadoc only looks at the configuration in the build section instead
> of both build and reporting sections)

I see your point now.  The documentation, including at the linked:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-plugins.html#Using_the_reporting_Tag_VS_build_Tag

states it should behave as you expect.  May be it is a bug in the
javadoc plugin, but I can't say for sure.  Do you use the latest
(2.9) plugin version?  Does it happen with Maven 2 or 3, or both?

> Ultimately I'm trying to define the javadoc configuration once and have it
> apply to all invocations of the javadoc plugin.

You may try defining the common configuration in a
build/pluginManagement section, but again I don't know if it's
supposed to work that way (for the reporting configuration).

--
Stanimir