maven-users mailing list archives

From Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Copy an artifact with its transitive dependencies to a specified location
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:30:22 GMT
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 19:46:11 +0200, /Baptiste MATHUS/:

> From my understanding of your need you should use dependency:get and use
> destination parameter.

Seems like, but the transitive dependencies get only downloaded to
the local repository and not copied to the specified `destination`,
as far as I understand and as far as I've observed.

> Dependency:copy-dependencies inadequately forces you to have a pom which I
> understand you don't have.

I have a POM where I would like to include the given dependency goal
at certain phase (like `package`), but the dependency I would like
to set up (copying it to a specified location, including its
transitive dependencies) is not a declared dependency in/of the POM.

> There's a feature hole here that might be filled. Could you please file a
> jira abt this so that it can be fixed?

I'll post back a reference.