maven-users mailing list archives

From Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net>
Subject Copy an artifact with its transitive dependencies to a specified location
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 15:12:35 GMT
I want to copy an artifact with its transitive dependencies to a
specified location.  The artifact is not a dependency of the project
the given build step would be part of.

I've tried the "copy" goal of the maven-dependency-plugin [1], but
it doesn't have a "transitive" option.  I've also tried the "get"
goal, but its "destination" parameter is deprecated and after all it
doesn't copy the transitive dependencies to that destination.

I've also tried using the "copy-dependencies" goal by first
declaring the needed artifact as runtime dependency to the project,
which I don't really want to, and then specifying "includeGroupIds"
and "includeArtifactIds" parameters, but this is mostly the same as
"copy" specifying all artifacts explicitly, which I don't want to
manually resolve and hard-code.

Is there an easy way to achieve what I'm after?

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/

--
Stanimir