maven-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy I. McGinnis" <tmcgin...@glatfelters.com>
Subject RE: Release not creating source and javadoc jars
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:44:44 GMT
Well I finally got the chance to try a release from the command line and it worked.  Therefore
I would assume MyEclipse is modifying the normal behavior in some manner.  I will post the
question on the MyEclipse forums.

Thank you for your replies and sorry for not trying the command line before posting.

Tim McGinnis
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Glatfelter Insurance Group
(800) 233-1957 Ext. 7856
(717) 741-7856

-----Original Message-----
From: anders.g.hammar@gmail.com [mailto:anders.g.hammar@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anders Hammar
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 8:48 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Release not creating source and javadoc jars

> My pom does not configure either the maven-source-plugin or the
> maven-javadoc-plugin.  I thought they were automatically included when
> the release plugin was used.  Is this correct?  Or do I need to configure them?

They a re bound through a profile in the super-pom. That profile is normally activated by
the release plugin, but possibly your project has a configuration turning that off [1]. Has
it ever worked?

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#useReleaseProfile

/Anders

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this communication, including all attachments,
is legally protected information, confidential or proprietary information, or a trade secret
intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. The information may also be subject
to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the