maven-users mailing list archives

From <org.apache.maven.u...@io7m.com>
Subject Versions plugin for plugin updates only
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:58:56 GMT
Hello.

Is it possible to get the Versions plugin to only update the version
numbers of plugins?

When running "versions:use-latest-releases", the plugin immediately
folds all my dependencies version ranges into the latest version, which
is a huge pain as I then have to go back and reset them. I'd rather
have it manage my plugin versions and not touch anything else.

I could specify various excludes according to the plugin's usage page,
but this then requires that I know about the contents of each POM and
therefore can't be automated reliably.