maven-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Halliday <sam.halli...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi-module project with custom plugin
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:45:12 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a multi-module project where one of the modules is
an annotation-based maven-plugin: https://github.com/fommil/netlib-java/

Basically, "mvn compile" fails the first time with

  Could not find goal 'interface' in plugin
org.netlib:generator:1.0-SNAPSHOT among available goals

and then succeeds when I do a second "mvn compile".

It also works OK from clean if I do a "mvn -pl generator compile ; mvn
compile".

I'd like the build to succeed in one go so that I can do a build and release
of all modules.

As a workaround, how can I do a build and release (to sonatype OSS) in two
stages?

In addition, I'm seeing a similar thing that has been asked by Russell Gold.
"mvn clean" fails unless the entire project builds successfully. So doing
"mvn clean" twice will fail the second time.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks, Sam