maven-users mailing list archives

From Roland <>
Subject "cannot be resolved to a type" after transitive dependency exclusion
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:36:41 GMT
Hello everyone,
I have a maven dependency issue...
I wrapped (embedded) a non-osgi-package to a bundle and exported it
successfully. This wrapper-bundle depends to a thirdparty-package which I
wrapped. My goal is that a second bundle depends on this wrapper bundle but
not on the non-osgi-package. But if I import the wrapped package in a second
bundle the compiler says "myclass cannot be resolved to a type". I still
have to import the non-osgi-package to resolve the dependency but this is
not what I want. Something is wrong with my dependency definition.

actual dependencies:  thirdpartpackage<-+
                                      ^                |
                               wrapper-bundle    |
                                      ^                |
                                second bundle----+

goal:                         thirdpartpackage
                                second bundle

pom of the wrapper bundle

pom of a second bundle

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance

Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message