maven-users mailing list archives

From testUser0001 <cars...@maune.de>
Subject Maven Mulit Module Project as Dependency
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:28:46 GMT
Hi folks,

somehow im stuck or dont know the best solution.. :(

I have a multi module project (packaging pom in root pom) with 3 modules:
 - commonModule
 - moduleA
 - moduleB

All three are in the defined in the module block of the root pom.

Each module has packaging jar, moduleA and moduleB depends on commonModule,
moduleB also on moduleA

Until here everything works fine (mvn clean install).

Now my problems is that i want to use the all modules of the multimodule
project as a dependency in an other maven project. I dont really want to add
a dependency for each module of multimodule project in the other maven
project.

If i just declare in the other maven project (packaging war) the multi
module as dependency the module jar dont get into the generated war file.

Declare the modules of the multi module project as dependencies in the root
pom of the multimodule projects leads to an cycle.

How can i solve this issue? Have i to use assembly-plugin or is there
another way without specifying each module as dependency

thx alot
cheers