maven-users mailing list archives

From DaveyBob <psyn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using a complete maven repo copy
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:17:54 GMT
Hi,

Hoping you can help me see what I've got wrong with this.

I do most of my development on Linux. My ~/.m2/settings.xml contains
"<localRepository>/data/m2/repository</localRepository>", since my repo sits
in a custom location (different disk).

Now, when I go home at night, I sometimes want to "take it all with me", so
from my Windows 7 laptop, I XCOPY the entire repo from a samba share on that
linux box to the laptop.  Just to make it easy, I put it all in D:/data/m2,
and my local maven settings file has an entry like
"<localRepository>D:/data/m2/repository</localRepository>"

I've validated that it's all there.  I also XCOPY the projects over.  (They
are Eclipse projects, but never mind that...we'll stay in maven.)

Now, when I go into the maven project folder on the Windows laptop and
execute "mvn -o -X clean install", I get a DEBUG output line saying
"Verifying availability of
D:\data\m2\repository\org\powermock\powermock-modules\1.5\powermock-modules-1.5.pom
from [ central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases)]

And then it complains that the dependency could not be resolved.

Why is it trying to resolve anything from central when I gave the -o flag?
And the pom is sitting in exactly the right spot, copied from linux.

Running that same build command on the linux side, it works like a champ.

What am I missing?