maven-users mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <manf...@mosabuam.com>
Subject Re: Source code verification/compliance with Maven?
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 15:21:26 GMT
Correct. The other thing you want to ensure is your acquisition of the
jar. With Nexus (and other repo managers probably) you can connect to the
https secured version of Central and enforce checksum verification so you
can be sure that any component you get into the repo manager is the same
as upstream.

This avoid the problem of building from source as you suggest since this
is very often extremely difficult (just as the Debian folks or other Linux
distros that try to rebuild everything from sources.. its a HUGE task).

Sonatype CLM includes integration with Nexus, Eclipse IDE and
Jenkins/Hudson as well as a backend server to define rules and more.

manfred

PS: Disclaimer I work with Sonatype on their documentation ..