maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Logging listener
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 15:03:51 GMT
Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote on 05/20/2013 07:11:40 PM:

> You can write your own ExecutionListener (you can extend this
> http://maven.apache.org/ref/3-LATEST/apidocs/org/apache/maven/
> execution/AbstractExecutionListener.html)
> or your own EventSpy (see
> http://maven.apache.org/ref/3-LATEST/apidocs/org/apache/maven/
> eventspy/AbstractEventSpy.html
> ).

Thanks, that looks exactly like what I was after.

How do you integrate implementations of these interfaces into the build
process? Is there a guide for how to use these? Based on my google
searches I *think* I can figure out how to integrate an event spy (use
plexus annotations, drop JAR in $M2_HOME/lib/ext) but I have no idea how
to use ExecutionListener. A guide or example project (that uses plexus &
not sisu) would be useful.

Thanks,
JEC