maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS ...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: buildnumber-maven-plugin format
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 06:39:40 GMT
Hi,
>From the usage page, though not perfectly thoroughly definitely clearly
stated ;) and.from my understanding it's said only this property is to go
in this file.

Actually, this plugin is more designed to create dynamic properties and
make them available in the build context. Then you can reuse those
variables as input params for other plugins (e.g. dedicated line in the
manifest) or to filter properties in files (src/main/resources or even
source code with the templating-maven-plugin).

So, back to the initial point: where do you actually want to use those
properties? Somewhere in the artifact?

Cheers