maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Deploy using version override
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 07:40:08 GMT
Please keep in mind that manually reversioning a snapshot build will leave
snapshot traces. For example, the pom is included in a jar built by Maven
(which will then have the wrong version info in it). Also, depending on
config, the manifest file could include the version number.

Also, your internal versioning scheme is IMHO not good. You should use a
qualifier to identify your internally released version (keeping groupId and
artifactId). For example (and what I use) is to include something unique to
your organization (like the company name) and then maybe the scm revision.
Like this:
5.9-ABC_r52161

5.9 would then come from the SNAPSHOT version and ABC would be your
organization. Instead of a scm revision you could use something more
meaningful to you (like "OV.1"?)

/Anders