maven-users mailing list archives

From José Manuel Castroagudín Silva <chavescesu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release plugin, different executable name ('mvn3')
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 10:11:03 GMT
"This seems to be a general maven problem, not a release plugin problem."

Might be. However, right now, my problem seems to be that the release
plugin is, or seems to be, trying to spawn a new 'mvn' process. And it's
trying to launch ${maven.home}/bin/mvn (which does not exist).

So I thought that maybe this specific plugin could have some parameter,
property, or any mean to be told which executable to use. It would make
sense, if it's really spawning a new maven process.

@Stephen : I'm sorry, but I don't get what should I do with that
mavenExecutorId parameter. I already had seen it before, but I couldn't
figure out how to use it. I searched for some documentation, or
configuration examples, or anything, and have just found this: [1] (which
seems not very helpful, at least for me) . As I said, I'm fairly new with
maven, and this might be something trivial for experienced users, so if
someone could point me out to some documentation on how to use that
parameter, i'd really appreciate it.

[1] ->
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-manager/apidocs/org/apache/maven/shared/release/exec/MavenExecutor.html

Thank you all,